PFS is seeking experienced, enthusiastic individuals to join our in-house machine shop team for the CNC Machinist Turning position.
- Produce machined parts by setting up, edit NC code, and operating (CNC) turning centers
- Fanuc and Mazak programming based turning centers
- Maintain quality and safety standards
- Record keeping
- Equipment and supply maintenance
- Successful processing of individual R&D related parts and small run quantity items
- Plan machining by studying blueprints/drawings, materials, speciﬁcations, reference planes, locations of surfaces, and machining parameters; interpret geometric dimensions and tolerances (GD&T).
- Setup lathes by entering instructions and editing NC code as required, including zero and reference points; setting tool registers, offsets, compensation; calculating requirements, including basic math, shop geometry; proving part programs.
- Sets-up lathes by installing and adjusting three and four jaw chucks, tools, attachments, collets, stops, indicating vises
- Veriﬁes settings by measuring positions, ﬁrst-run part, and sample workpieces, adhering to project, and drawing tolerance standards.
- Maintains speciﬁcations by observing drilling, turning, boring, threading and knurling operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; edit NC code as required; replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures
- Maintain equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Document inspection & traceability by completing production and quality logs.
- Mentor and instruct less experienced machinists and operators.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Considerable experience in the CNC machining industry with a particular focus on turning
- Proficient in the use of inspection equipment and tools such as calipers, micrometers, verniers, and gauges.
- Ability to work independently
- Manual Fanuc G & M Code Programming and/or Mazak Conversational Programming experience preferred
- Setup & Inspect
- Willingness to share ideas and work collaboratively within a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong interpretive, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills with an aptitude for detail
- Basic workplace computer experience desired
Employment at Primary Flow Signal
Primary Flow Signal offers a complete and highly attractive benefits package to qualified individuals including medical/dental/vision insurance, 401K with employer contributions, life insurance, bonus plan and paid vacation/holidays.
Investment in our employees by way of training, excellent benefits, and a pleasant, respectful work environment is of paramount importance to our company. The commitment PFS makes to each, and every employee is intended to foster a lasting and fruitful career within our organization.
How to Apply
We encourage you to apply by email for IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION with resume and cover letter. If you’re applying by email, please include in your subject line the position you’re apply for. Thank you!